Working together as a community to end human trafficking in Pitt County.
To eradicate human trafficking by empowering organizations and individuals through collaboration, leadership and training.
Goals and Strategies
Increase collaboration among agencies/organizations addressing Human Trafficking in Pitt County
- Ensure that all organizations in Pitt County that could potentially encounter victims of Human Trafficking are trained in what Human Trafficking is, how to identify it, and how to respond appropriately.
- Ensure that PCCAHT members understand the roles of the other members, and the services/skills they can offer to victims of Human Trafficking
- Provide opportunities for relationship development between direct service providers, law enforcement, DSS, and anti HT groups, and any group fighting human trafficking.
Increase community awareness of sex trafficking and labor trafficking in Pitt County
- Through extensive outreach and education throughout the community
Collaborate with other organizations/coalitions to address Human Trafficking in NC
- Report data to state level groups to contribute to research regarding prevalence in NC
- Join NC Coalition Against Human Trafficking
- Attend state-wide meetings
Increase identification of sex trafficking and labor trafficking victims in Pitt County
- By training citizens (through civic groups, faith based groups, and others) how to recognize potential victims and how to report it
- By training specific professions that might encounter victims of Human Trafficking (School staff, healthcare providers, social workers, law enforcement, first responders, truck drivers, hotel staff, agencies serving non-English-speakers) how to recognize potential victims and how to respond
Improve short and long term outcomes of victims in Pitt County
- Provide support to PCCAHT members to enable them provide effective, culturally appropriate, victim-centered, trauma-informed services to sex trafficking and labor trafficking victims
- Provide a strategic, coordinated approach to the provision of services to victims
- Promote and provide training of agencies that encounter potential victims
Prevent sex trafficking and labor trafficking in Pitt County
- By reducing demand for victims of sex and labor trafficking
- By supporting organizations working to increase protective factors of potential victims
- By supporting organizations working to reduce vulnerabilities of potential victims
- By supporting the efforts of law enforcement agencies working to ensure that traffickers are arrested and convicted
2020 Meeting Dates
All meetings are scheduled for the third Thursday, unless otherwise noted.